Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why "Moon Jelly Stings?"



I jacked the picture above from Pink Tentacle.

I think most people would be terrified that there's been a recent invasion of Nomura's Jellyfish in the shores of Japan. I'll admit that I would have the bejeezus scared out of me if it came near me in the water, but if I could watch one in a tank, I'd probably do it for days.

No, I can't probably tell you why, but I love to watch jellyfish. I've always thought they were pretty cool since I was a kid, but I can definitely thank one of my friends for bringing me to the aquarium one day last year, and I was instantly mesmerized. Ever since, I've loved to see them float, wiggle around, and wave their tentacles.

I came across a tank of moon jellies, and I've just thought that was just such a cool name. It's stung me ever since, and it's stuck being as I've named this blog after them. (I've also done some other notable jellyfish related things, but that's another story.)

A lot of people say jellyfish are pointless. The argument really is that all they ever really do is float around and sting things. I know it's an age old sentiment, but I'm honestly jealous of such a simple existence. Imagine how cool it would be to be one!



For a LIMITED TIME download The Simpsons "Jellyfish Festival" song [Sadly, it's ripped right from the show.]

No comments:

Post a Comment