Friday, November 25, 2011

"What Are We Doing?": A Brief Lesson on Love as Told by a Reject

Truthfully, she was the most beautiful woman I had ever known.
And the best part? She wanted to see me.

And so she calls on the telephone. I pick up.

Her: "Hey. So are we still on for today?"
Me: "Of course."
Her: "Well what do you want to do?"
Me: "I don't know. Doesn't matter really. I just want to see you. Is that fine?"
Her: "Yeah, but what are we doing?"
Me: "Ski ball. A restaurant. Ikea. A bookstore. Lay on the couch and talk. Anything, really."
Her: "Yeah, but what are we doing?"
Me: ". . . . . . We'll figure it out when I get there."
Her: "Hmm. Maybe we should do this some other time when you have something planned."

Now, of course, there are two ways to see this. If you side with her, you can say that I'm indecisive.

But if you're anything like me, I realized then and there that not even a cute smile, beautiful green eyes, and perky breasts can save someone who doesn't understand: "It doesn't matter where you go, it's who you're with."

I may get lonely and depressed all the time, but even I know better.

Why can't people just enjoy other people's company?

2 comments:

  1. just go for one with saggy boobs next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering my strange popularity with people's mothers, this isn't too far off of a possibility. . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete